More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinic Secretary, Neonatal Follow Up Program, BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre, Vancouver, BC
Clinic Secretary-Neonatal Follow Up Program
BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre,
Are you a highly organized person with strong administration skills? The Clinic Secretary performs a range of clerical/secretarial functions associated with the scheduling and registration of multidisciplinary clinic appointments utilizing computerized software and in accordance with established policies, standards and procedures.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team in the Neonatal Follow Up Clinic (NFU) coordinating patients and families appointments, greeting and receiving patients and families at the clinic, and maintaining confidential patient health records.
What you’ll do
- Utilizing a computerized scheduling system schedules and books patient appointments and follow-up appointments which includes booking interdisciplinary appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with patient and departmental requirements and notifying both patient and clinician, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location are provided to patient, and placing appointment reminder calls to patients/families.
- Contact patient’s family to confirm appointments and explains multi-disciplinary appointment system. Notify the appropriate department regarding any additions, deletions and/or changes to appointments.
- Using computerized patient registration system, pre-registers patients for upcoming clinic appointments ensuring that all patient demographic information is accurate. At time of clinic, re-confirms demographic information and updates computer system as necessary, explain the multi-disciplinary appointment system to families, obtains written, signed consent forms from parents, authorizing release of information and photographs child and parent for NFU file.
- Prepare for Monthly Intake Meetings by gathering patient charts and photocopying appropriate forms for distribution to Clinic team members.
- Perform reception duties such as receiving patients, parents and visitors and directing them to the appropriate area. Answer, screen and re-direct telephone calls and documents appropriately. Receive sort and distribute correspondence, handle inquiries regarding the clinic, and re-direct inquiries as necessary. Print out or type appointment lists for each clinic day.
- Assemble chart using information from patient records from both internal and external sources. Prepare charts for clinic days by pulling charts and including appropriate NFU forms, billing forms and study forms, as needed.
- Maintain Neonatal Follow-up database by inputting patient data on the computer database system in order to establish, maintain and store such for statistical purposes.
- Maintain and update filing system for items such as charts. Photocopy, mail and distribute multi-disciplinary reports.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies for the department, replenishing as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full Time
Wage $23.40 per hour
Location Vancouver, BC
Hours of work 0730-1530
Reference number 134281
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
(BCW) program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.