More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Counsellor DASW1-Masters, Varioud Programs - BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Clinical Counsellor DASW1-Masters, Varioud Programs
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Clinical Counsellor reports operationally to the Program Manager or designate and for practice general supervision to the Practice Leader, Clinical Counselling, and provides individual, family and group counselling services to the designated program area. As either a member of an interprofessional team or providing consultation services, the Clinical Counsellor provides assessment, and treatment utilizing a variety of therapeutic techniques, plans, develops, delivers treatment plans, and promotes health literacy to evaluate and support community-based education concerning the designated program area.
What you’ll do
- Plan, design, and deliver individual and various modalities of group counselling to patients by identifying patients’ goals and expectations and learning needs, assisting with understanding of health issues, teaching coping strategies, consulting with colleagues when required, and supporting patient population.
- Perform intakes, assessments, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultations, counselling, group therapy and psychoeducation.
- Work within a harm reduction model of care, conducts individual and group counselling sessions designed to increase client awareness of patient population’s related issues and enhance positive motivation for change.
- Maintain confidential patient files and documentation of telephone and in-person contacts with community providers/patients
- Consult with a variety of health care, social services and other providers, both hospital and community-based, on a wide range of clinical issues pertaining to the management of patient population and service delivery issues including providing information based upon theory/practice, discussing client care issues and developing linkages/partnerships with other facilities, agencies, and support groups.
- Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team, in the formulation of treatment and discharge plans.
What you bring
- Master’s Degree in a health related discipline such as Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology or a related health discipline from a recognized program at an accredited educational institution.
- Specific training and certification applicable to program area and patient population or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two (2) years of recent related work experience in community and/or hospital organizations that includes experience working with the designated client population, including experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating within a multi-disciplinary team setting; educating and training using a variety of teaching modalities, and facilitating or co-facilitating support groups.
- Eligible for membership and registration in the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
You also have demonstrated:
- Knowledge and skill working with the designated client population.
- Broad skills in counselling, clinical assessment and report writing.
- Ability to engage in individual and group therapy sessions alone and as a co-facilitator.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate education/training or discussion groups on a wide range of health topics for this client population.
- Ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels of the organization and with partners in other health centres and community agencies across the Province.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time (0.60 FTE - Until March 29, 2023)
Wage: $35.65 to $44.56 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Tuesday to Thursday; 0830-1630, start date ASAP
Requisition # 133031E
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 24, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.