More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Nursing Process Specialist - Provincial Systemic Therapy BC Cancer Vancouver
Clinical Informatics Nursing Process Specialist
Provincial Systemic Therapy - BC Cancer Vancouver
What you do
- Leads and supports the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the maintenance, adoption and implementation of existing and new policies, pre-printed order’s, order sets, and protocols, including clinical content of the Chemotherapy Data Dictionary.
- Reviews and leads clinical methodology and process for nursing resource impact analysis, including keeping methodology relevant and following best practice within the Chemotherapy Data Dictionary. Provides clinical expertise on creation of clinical protocols and tools.
- Provides approval and workflow management of special access and compassionate access programs for systemic therapy.
- Provides direction, interpretation and leadership to all clinical staff related to the Compassionate Access Program and the Special Access Programs by giving advice and providing recommendations and guidance in situations that require interpretation and judgment.
- Acts as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Acts as a liaison with professional practice nursing regarding education needs, priorities for new protocols and developing appropriate resource planning to support those needs. Evaluates learning programs using applicable methodology and data.
- Leads and supports teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BC Cancer facilities. Incorporates clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develops clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives when reviewing Provincial Systemic clinical process and policies. Develops policies and procedures in support of clinical applications ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
- Ensures specialized programs/projects deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan. Identifies gaps and tracks metrics as they relate to the project deliverables and provides consultation, guidance and support to designated project staff, contractors and stakeholders.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree, or related health sciences discipline such as Systemic Therapy or Chemotherapy, plus five (5) years recent related experience using information systems, including experience in a leadership role.
- Proven hands on experience using complex business information systems, such as CAIS or Cerner
What you have
- Exceptional leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Highly organized and adept to managing multiple priorities. .
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, develop resolutions and support remedial action.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high level of motivation.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet changing priorities and resource constraints.
- Ability to learn
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full time
750 West Broadway, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 16:00 / 08:30 -16:30 / 09:00-17:00
Requisition Number: 106226
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 8, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day