More than just a job.
Bring your passion for nursing to BC Children's Hospital where it can flourish. We're the centre of pediatrics in BC and are known for our excellence in patient and family centred care. We know nurses are key to our success, and as a pediatric teaching hospital, we are committed to helping you continually grow your practice through on-site professional development and our renowned preceptor program. Join our high-functioning multidisciplinary team, skilled at both the art of caring and the science of healing in our unique workplace.
- Specialty Nursing
- Various shifts available
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take to be a successful pediatric nurse at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
BCCH is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialty health care services to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence. They include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, and Serve with purpose.
"I help make your very worst day of your life, bringing your child to the emergency department a little bit lighter. A little bit better. Or at least to help to make you feel just a little bit more comfortable in a really scary situation."~ Michelle, RN, emergency department
"People would be surprised at the patient connection that you do get [in the operating room]. There's a misconception that there's not a lot of involvement with the patient, because they are asleep for most of the procedure, but during the time that you are with them, it's quite a deep connection, and it's very, very rewarding."~ Vanja, clinical nurse educator, operating room
"We have such a great team... in my nursing career I have never been exposed to a team like this where communication, support, resources, and interdisciplinary teamwork is at this level. And it's something that I don't know I would ever be able to leave."~ Jason, RN, pediatric intensive care unit
"Frontline staff is all about making connections with the patients, primarily teenagers and children, also the families, really making deep connections with them over time."~Patrick, RN, child and youth mental health
Spotlight on BC Children's Hospital Emergency Department
Imagine your dream career: BC Children's Hospital — Mental Health
Benefits and Perks
Extended health and dental benefits
Defined benefit pension program
Leaves including maternity, parental and education
Clinical Informatics Specialist
BC Children's Hospital - Perioperative Services
Streamline our clinical and clinical information workflows so we can fulfil our vision of “excellence in health, every time.” In this role, you will:
- Play a key role in implementing Cerner at BC Women’s and Children’s Hospitals
- Be the BC Women’s and Children’s liaison with the Clinical and Systems Transformation core project team
- Support the development and prioritization of the clinical information solutions strategic road map for BC Women’s and Children’s Hospitals
- Lead and support centre clinical work flow design and change initiatives
- Use your clinical and informatics expertise to lead staff and work with clinical and business stakeholders to support change
- Ensure a lean methodology is used in process changes
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead and support Cerner implementation by leading the development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives, in alignment with the BC Women’s and Children’s strategic clinical informatics solutions road map
- Be a change agent/escalation point person for clinical issues in the planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies
- Lead and supports teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for performance analysis and course correction
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies
- Lead functional user acceptance testing and be responsible for business sign-off
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications, using best practice models
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree or other relevant healthcare discipline
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an application leadership role
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as the Cancer Agency Information System (CAIS)
- Experience in a relevant clinical setting
- Exceptional leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- An exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Extensive experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
You are also accurate, detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
We will be reviewing applications upon receipt. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
BC Women’s and Children’s Hospitals are part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired and is no longer accessible. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Temporary, Full-Time (until January 2021)
- 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- Reference # 79591