More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist - Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, Clinical Trials BC Cancer - Provincial Sites
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Clinical Trials
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project / BC Cancer
Provincial Sites, BC
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with BC Cancer, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to an extended hours schedule during go live periods may be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go live period.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of IT initiatives in alignment with the strategic road map for BC Cancer clinical informatics solutions.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BC Cancer centres. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for analysis and performance measurement purposes, ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s of Nursing degree or related field.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cerner millennium solutions and Cancer Agency Information System (CAIS).
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work creatively and apply critical thinking.
- Maintain accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Facilitate groups to solicit information, resolve issues and foster cooperation.
- Maintain organization and manage multiple priorities.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until October 21, 2022)
Location: Provincial position; primary work location may be any of the 6 sites, which include: Abbotsford, Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00 (Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go-live period)
Requisition # 114283
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 17, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.