More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist,- Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project - Forensic Psychiatric Services - Vancouver BC
Clinical Informatics Specialist
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, Forensic Psychiatric Services, Vancouver BC
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Forensic Psychiatric Services, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role extended hours may be scheduled during go live periods.
What you’ll do
- Provide clinical informatics leadership when participating in business and clinical systems reviews and needs assessments for assigned areas, projects and departments in PHSA; serve as a consulting resource to information technology leadership, project teams, other members of the organization and peer health authorities regarding requirements for nursing/providers and clinical information, electronic documentation practice, and electronic health information.
- Provide leadership and support to the clinical systems training team, participating in the planning, coordination, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of education programs to meet the learning needs of electronic health information system users.
- Observe and evaluate clinical practice to determine staff/provider education needs related to the use of technology in practice and process redesign. Provide leadership to nursing and clinical staff and/or coaching to providers to incorporate advances in clinical informatics and the development of electronic health records into practice. Assess end user competency assessment and intervention, including developing corrective learning plans in partnership with management and front line leadership.
- Collaborate with members of the IMITS department and other organizational programs/departments and partner affiliates related to system wide practice and workflow change initiatives, practice innovation and redesign, documentation/nomenclature standards and the electronic health record. Lead and participate in steering committees and taskforces for PHSA clinical informatics and information technology initiatives. Lead and coordinate a collaborative team-based framework that incorporates resources from other departments, programs, and vendor partners as it related to clinical systems implementations.
- Work with the security management and application analysts to identify innovative approaches and standards for information capture, storage and retrieval that ensure the management of and secure access to personal electronic health information. Participate in error correction/data integrity activities and audit processes to ensure quality data collection and system efficiency.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health or patient care/clinical related specialty and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership. Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments is an asset. Current full practicing registration with the applicable provincial College or Association is required.
You will also have
- Knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge and practice in effective problem solving techniques.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
4949 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z 3L7
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 113356E
What we do
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a large-scale, multi-year project between the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC). Designed to transform clinical practices and systems – ultimately improving the safety, quality and consistency of patient care – our goal is to deliver streamlined care through standardized clinical practices and a fully integrated clinical information system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 26, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.