More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Critical Care 1, 2 & 3 - Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, C&W
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Critical Care 1, 2 & 3
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (C&W), Vancouver BC
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre’s, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role extended hours may be scheduled during go live periods.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of IT initiatives in alignment with the strategic road map for BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre clinical informatics solutions.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization at BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre’s. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for analysis and performance measurement purposes, ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
- Lead functional user acceptance testing and be responsible for business sign-off.
- Participate in lean process improvement initiatives and ensure all process changes are aligned to the lean methodology endorsed by the agency.
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications, ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s of Nursing degree or related field.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Extensive experience working with personal computers, particularly with applications such as MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work creatively and apply critical thinking.
- Maintain accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Facilitate groups to solicit information, resolve issues and foster cooperation.
- Maintain organization and manage multiple priorities.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
4500 Oak, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00 (Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go-live period)
Requisition Number: 113012& 113016 & 113022
What we do
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a large-scale, multi-year project between the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC). Designed to transform clinical practices and systems – ultimately improving the safety, quality and consistency of patient care – our goal is to deliver streamlined care through standardized clinical practices and a fully integrated clinical information system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 18, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.