More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist, , Health Data and Information Services - BC Transplant Society
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Health Data and Information Services
BC Transplant Society
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist transforms health care by analyzing, designing, implementing, and evaluating information and communication systems to improve patient care, enhance access to care, advance individual and population health outcomes, and strengthen the clinician-patient relationship.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of provincial clinical information systems and; clinical initiatives.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality transplant care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all organ programs. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies. Oversee and manage a suite of standardized provincial training materials. Lead functional user acceptance testing and training responsible for business sign-off.
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health or patient care/clinical related specialty.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership.
- Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments is an asset.
- Current full practicing registration with the applicable provincial College or Association is required.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Maintained clinical competency, practice standards of care, and knowledge; and support the integration of evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques.
- Knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 260 - 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6J 4Y6
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730/1530
Requisition Number: 119058
What we do
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a large-scale, multi-year project between the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC). Designed to transform clinical practices and systems – ultimately improving the safety, quality and consistency of patient care – our goal is to deliver streamlined care through standardized clinical practices and a fully integrated clinical information system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
BC Transplant (BCT) provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC. BCT is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCT are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 13, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.