More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Information Systems - BC Centre for Disease Control
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Information Systems
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist participates at national tables representing BC stakeholders and is responsible for leading and supporting clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the development and prioritization of the Provincial Clinical Business Framework for Public Health Information Management Provincial Public Health Information Systems. This includes prioritization and escalation of change requests / issues.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of clinical and surveillance system initiatives in alignment with the Provincial Clinical Business Framework for Public Health Information Management.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality public health care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all public health. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
- Oversee and manage a suite of standardized provincial training materials.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s of Nursing degree or related field.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Panorama solutions.
You also have:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Highly organized and adept to managing multiple priorities.
- Extensive experience working with personal computers, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (until April 28, 2023)
Location: 1770 West 7th, Vancouver BC, V6J 4Y6
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 115189
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC. BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 12, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.