More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Trials - BC Cancer - Vancouver, BC
Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Trials
The Clinical Project Manager (CPM) is part of the Provincial Clinical Trials Office and reports to the Manager, Provincial Clinical Trials. Working closely with the Principal Investigator (PI), the CPM is responsible for the operational management of clinical trials including investigator-initiated clinical trials (IITs), ensuring the compliance with regulatory guidelines, timelines, milestones and budget. Working with the cross-function teams of regulatory affairs, project manager, database manager, quality assurance, budget and finance, and vendors, the CPM is responsible for the planning, execution, implementation, and management of all components of active Phase I – III IITs including analyzing risk assessment, developing process and tools for the successful completion of trial activities.
What you’ll do
- Consult with the PI and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis to determine opportunities for new investigator-initiated trials.
- Lead and file CTA applications with Health Canada and/or FDA and be point of contact for all communication with the regulatory agencies.
- Work with the study team and be responsible for the operational aspects of clinical trials at all sites and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP), good clinical practice (GCP) and applicable regulations.
- Oversee development of clinical documents, including clinical plans, protocols, forms, and reports.
- Work with Clinical Trial Monitors to ensure progress of clinical trials and follow up with team members and PI to resolve or mitigate any issues or challenges.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or related field, plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in managing clinical studies including experience using data analysis programs and electronic data capture (EDC) and Clinical Trials Management Systems (e.g., REDCapRealTime).
- Thorough understanding of regulatory guidelines including GCP, ICH E.6 R2 guidelines and industry standards.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize them as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional team environment and manage conflict in a complex team setting.
- Experience in using project management tools and concepts including ability to plan and organize, manage timelines, and troubleshoot.
- Sound understanding of clinical trials with a specialization in oncology.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, coordination and communication skills
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary: $67,864.00 - $97,555.00/ Year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
Requisition number: 132241
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 09, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.