More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Specialist, Medication Safety and Antimicrobial Stewardship - BC Cancer Vancouver
Clinical Specialist, Medication Safety and Antimicrobial Stewardship
Pharmacy, BC Cancer Vancouver, $49.38 to $61.58 per hour
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with the Provincial Medication Safety Coordinator, complete medication safety systems reviews in conjunction with the centre pharmacies, medical and nursing staff by analyzing clinical processes and developing strategies to maximize their safety, efficacy and efficiency.
- Collate and report information regarding medication safety issues. Review and analyze medication incidents, medication safety hazards and adverse drug events and make modifications to existing systems to enhance medication safety.
- In collaboration with the Provincial Medication Safety Coordinator, develop, implement and evaluate pharmacy and patient care policies, procedures and methods to improve all aspects of medication safety.
- Work with the Provincial Coordinator, Medication Safety, and the Pharmacy Director to plan measurable goals and objectives for medication safety parameters.
- Work with the Provincial Coordinator, Medication Safety, to ensure medication safety is considered during the planning and implementation of new distribution systems, medication management programs or other clinical programs.
- Participate on Provincial, National and International initiatives related to medication safety by methods such as, attending committee meetings, providing technical feedback and researching and drafting materials.
What you bring
- Post Graduate Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited university.
- Certification of completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency program or equivalent experience.
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent related experience including experience in medication safety practices, oncology and/or hematology and infectious diseases or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of computerized pharmacy systems and familiarity with other software applications, for example Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of health care delivery technologies that support safe medication practices
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish working relationships and deal effectively with all members and levels of the Agency’s health care team, and external health care professionals to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
- organize work, establish priorities and be self-directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement principles, root cause analysis and human factors design.
- Plan, implement and manage projects.
- Demonstrate skills in CPR techniques.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (until July 29, 2022)
$49.38 to $61.58 per hour
600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730, 1000-1800
Requisition Number: 103919
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.