More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator - BC Cancer Vancouver
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you'll do
- Perform nursing procedures required by the applicable study such as breast exams, venipuncture, subcutaneous injections and measurement of lesions. Provide teaching and counseling for patients and their families regarding protocols, symptom management, disease preventative measures, and general health management.
- Teach patients and/or families self-care activities designated in the protocol, such as medication self-injection, side-effect management, and breast self-examination.
- Provide the communication link between patient, family and the patient care team and Make referrals to other allied health professionals as appropriate.
- Advises/teaches nursing staff in clinic and treatment areas on a variety of issues including specialized theory and practice related to clinical trials.
- Coordinate the treatment programs of clinical trial patients, in collaboration with other members of the Clinical Trials Team, by preparing sample preprinted orders that reflect the patient care process and clinical trial requirements.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years of recent related clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Certifications such as Oncology Nurse Certification and Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) Clinical Research Associate/Coordinator Certification preferred
What you have
- Relevant clinical research knowledge.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work and set priorities.
- Work independently.
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 may be available.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $43.09 to $52.82 per hour
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday - Friday; 8 am to 4 pm
Requisition Number: 114782
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 12, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.