More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator - BC Cancer Vancouver
Clinical Trials, BC Cancer Vancouver, $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide nursing care which meets the individual needs of study patients by performing duties such as:
- Performing nursing procedures required by the applicable study such as breast exams, venipuncture, subcutaneous injections and measurement of lesions.
- Providing teaching and counseling for patients and their families regarding protocols, symptom management, disease preventative measures, and general health management.
- Teaching patients and/or families self-care activities designated in the protocol, such as medication self-injection, side-effect management, and breast self-examination.
- Making referrals to other allied health professionals as appropriate.
- Providing the communication link between patient, family and the patient care team.
- Advise/teach nursing staff in clinic and treatment areas on a variety of issues including specialized theory and practice related to clinical trials.
- Coordinate the treatment programs of clinical trial patients, in collaboration with other members of the Clinical Trials Team, by performing duties such as:
- Preparing sample preprinted orders that reflect the patient care process and clinical trial requirements.
- Documenting clinical trial treatment plan on the patient’s chart.
- Ensuring necessary planning for care has been coordinated with internal providers such as Radiation Therapy Process, Systemic Therapy Process, and Diagnostic Imaging.
- Ensuring that protocol-related appointments, tests, and procedures are coordinated with other scheduled tests or visits.
- Monitor, assess, document and report to the Principal Investigator and sponsor as appropriate and at required intervals the patient’s response to and compliance with the protocol as well as the patient’s on-going progress.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years’ of recent, related clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Certifications such as Oncology Nurse Certification and Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) Clinical Research Associate/Coordinator Certification preferred.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.80 FTE, until August 2021)
Wage: $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver BC
Monday to Friday; 0830-1500; 0900-1530; 0930-1600; as required.
Reference Number: 95430
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca, part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 26, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.