More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Commercial Leasing Manager
Do you have expertise in commercial real- estate leasing management specializing in supporting large and complex organizations in both public and private sector? We are looking a strong Commercial leasing manager who has experience in managing over 1000 leases and is looking to make an impact in health care.
As a Leasing Manager you will be responsible for working in a team to manage PHSA sites that provides patient care support across the province. You will be responsible for negotiating new and existing leases, managing and developing relationships with external providers and consultant as well as preparing facility planning feasibility studies and budgets.
If you are looking to be part of a collaborative team, create change and help improve health care we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Negotiates and documents all aspects of real estate services for PHSA including agreements for leasing projects, agreements for the acquisition and disposition of real property and other agreements such as licenses for telecommunication sites to generate revenues; manages lease contract preparation for projects by liaising with lawyers, real estate brokers, landlords, land surveyors, fee appraisers, project planners, consultants and various user groups
- Prepares documents and negotiates property tax exemptions for owned and leased premises where applicable; initiates and leads project meetings and attends meetings with senior management.
Works with external consultants such as appraisers, architects, engineers, commercial brokers, land surveyors, environmental consultants and other managers with new construction projects, renovations and/or maintenance projects by preparing feasibility analyses and project budget estimates; monitors project planning, manages assigned construction contracts and schedules to ensure lease commitments are met; coordinates the team to ensure that project requirements are met and facilities impacted are minimized
What you bring
- level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Urban Land Economics and/or related discipline, a professional designation in Real Estate is an Asset
- Seven (7) years’ recent, related, experience in all phases of public and private sector commercial real estate projects
- Three (3) years’ progressive leadership/management experience in a corporate real estate and leasing environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Relatable experience includes: Commercial leasing experience, managing over 1000 leases in complex environment and leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate laws and taxes, legal contracts, real estate transaction complexities, real estate appraisals, lease and contract terms, land planning, site evaluation, cost estimation and space analysis. Demonstrated knowledge of real estate project implementation process including design, construction and procurements
- Demonstrated knowledge of market survey techniques as it relates to buying, selling or leasing properties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and ability to coach team members in these skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills including the ability to facilitate consensus with various stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct large groups of external consultants, architects and other stakeholders from project inception to completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital and operating budget control and related financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure with timelines and changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- This position may require you to travel across the lower mainland and on the island depending on the portfolio you are required to support.
What’s in it for you?
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full Time
Location 1333 West Broadway
Hours/Days Monday through Friday 0800-1600
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.