More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Concurrent Disorder Counsellor - Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Vancouver, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Concurrent Disorder Counsellor
Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Vancouver, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, $34.26 to $42.73 per hour
What you’ll do
- Plan, implement and assess individualized client treatment programs using a trauma-informed framework and culturally safe methods.
- Perform individual psychosocial assessments.
- Provide individual substance use and mental health counselling.
- Conduct group counselling sessions.
- Deliver psycho-educational group sessions.
- Work as part of an inter-professional health care.
What you bring
- A Master’s Degree in an allied health discipline (counselling and/or social work) from an approved and accredited post-secondary institution.
- Three (3) years’ of recent related clinical experience, including at least one (1) year experience in a concurrent disorder program providing therapeutic individual and group counselling.
- Registration with a recognized professional body.
- Comprehensive knowledge of substance dependence and concurrent disorders.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects), trauma informed practice, and chronic disease such as HIV and Hepatitis C.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $34.26 to $42.73 per hour
307 West Broadway, #300, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
As per operational requirements
Requisition Number: 90984
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.