More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Contact Tracer Assistant, COVID-19 Response (Temporary Full-Time) - BC Centre for Disease Control
Contact Tracer Assistant – COVID-19 Response
13Temporary Full-Time Opportunities Available
The Provincial Health Authority is seeking Contact Tracing Assistants to support BC’s Contact Tracing and Rapid Response team.
As a contact tracing assistant, you will contact individuals for contact tracing purposes via telephone, text, Skype and Zoom, following established scripts, guidelines, decision-making tools, and policies and procedures.
This position will require travel and/or work at multiple sites in support of the regional health authorities’ COVID-19 response and contact tracing initiatives. Join our team of #healthcareheroes in the fight against COVID-19!
What you’ll do
- Contact COVID-19 infected individuals to collect all available information regarding contact for a specific period of time, in accordance with established algorithms for appropriate client populations.
- Inform named contacts that they have been exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 test result and what action is recommended, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times. Refer more complex issues to the assigned clinical staff for follow up, as required.
- Communicate with assigned contacts by administering a questionnaire for symptoms, providing testing information, and providing instructions for isolation.
- Enter information into a computerized client information database to update existing files, complete required forms, and forward designated forms/files to the applicable area.
- Maintain and create client charts, ensuring material is labelled with client information, and file material into relevant sections.
- Communicate negative test results to clients and provide information about basic infection control practices to prevent any potential future transmission of disease
- Provide information on available community resources using an approved script or resource list.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties.
- Orient new staff.
- Compile statistics such as volume indicators and forward data to appropriate team members for action.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- One (1) year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Operate related work.
- Organize and prioritize.
- Type 45 wpm.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (Starting September 27, 2021 until December 31, 2021 (with possible extension))
Wage: $20.50- 22.64
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre and flexibility to travel and work at multiple work sites across BC based on deployment needs from the regional health authorities
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Schedule of Work: Monday to Sunday
Hours of Work: Variable, as per schedule between 0700 - 2200
Requisition # CovidCTAFTE
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 20, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.