More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Contact Tracer Assistant, COVID-19 Response (Temporary Full-Time/Part-Time) - BC Centre for Disease Control
Contact Tracer Assistant – COVID-19 Response
Temporary Full-Time and Part-Time Opportunities
The Provincial Health Authority is seeking Contact Tracing Assistants to support BC’s Contact Tracing and Rapid Response team.
As a contact tracing assistant, you will contact individuals for contact tracing purposes via telephone, text, Skype and Zoom, following established scripts, guidelines, decision-making tools, and policies and procedures.
This position will require travel and/or work at multiple sites in support of the regional health authorities’ COVID-19 response and contact tracing initiatives. Join our team of #healthcareheroes in the fight against COVID-19!
What you’ll do
- Contact COVID-19 infected individuals to collect all available information regarding contact for a specific period of time, in accordance with established algorithms for appropriate client populations.
- Inform named contacts that they have been exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 test result and what action is recommended, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times. Refer more complex issues to the assigned clinical staff for follow up, as required.
- Communicate with assigned contacts by administering a questionnaire for symptoms, providing testing information, and providing instructions for isolation.
- Enter information into a computerized client information database to update existing files, complete required forms, and forward designated forms/files to the applicable area.
- Maintain and create client charts, ensuring material is labelled with client information, and file material into relevant sections.
- Communicate negative test results to clients and provide information about basic infection control practices to prevent any potential future transmission of disease
- Provide information on available community resources using an approved script or resource list.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties.
- Orient new staff.
- Compile statistics such as volume indicators and forward data to appropriate team members for action.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- One (1) year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Operate related work.
- Organize and prioritize.
- Type 45 wpm.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time and Part-time (minimum 4 days a week) until March 31, 2021 with possibility of extension.
Wage: $19.72 - $21.78
Location: Vancouver and flexibility to travel and work at multiple work sites across BC based on deployment needs from the regional health authorities
Schedule of Work: Monday to Sunday
Hours of Work: Flexibility to work between 7- 11pm/, 8 hour rotations: 7am – 3pm/8:30am – 4:30pm/2:00pm -10:00 pm/ 3:00pm -11:00pm
Requisition # Covid19 CTA2
What’s in it for You
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.