More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Cook, Red Fish Healing Centre, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, Coquitlam
Red Fish Healing Centre
2745 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3C 4J2
The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video
What you’ll do
- Prepare and serve meals and snack in accordance with established menus and recipes, by performing duties such as planning food preparation and cooking schedules, cooking, roasting, grilling, baking, testing for palatability, and carving. Modify and adjust established menus as required.
- Maintain established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Check and record food and fridge temperatures by inserting thermometer in edibles and reading fridge thermometers. Advise supervisor of discrepancies arising from the actual versus required food and beverage temperatures.
- Clean items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils by methods such as washing and scrubbing; loading, unloading and operating dishwasher.
- Keep equipment and cooking areas clean such as stoves, tables and countertops.
- Monitor functioning of equipment, and reports malfunctions and maintenance and repair requirements to the Shift Supervisor.
What you bring
- Grade 12 plus one year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Professional Cook Training Certificate
- Certificate in Food Safe
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $21.45 to $23.46
Location: 2745 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3C 4J2
Hours of Work: Rotating
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.