More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Coordinator Research Data Management, BC Children's Hospital, Vancouver
Coordinator - Research Data Management
BC Children’s Hospital
Are you a highly organized person with strong communication skills? The Coordinator - Research Data Management performs a variety of duties related to the support and maintenance of the electronic research data platform.
What you’ll do
- Provide front-line problem resolution to end users by investigating first line issues and taking corrective action. Answer application utilization questions and inquiries and provides resolutions via telephone, in person or by electronic mail. Escalate more complex issues as required.
- Perform a variety of operational tasks related to the research data platform including creating user accounts, performing new project setups and completing case report forms.
- Provide system users with electronic data management system orientation and training sessions, based on the Data Management Plan. Update personnel training records.
- Maintain training material, ensuring that it is up-to-date and provide reference materials, on-line tutorials, promotional materials and presentations to system users.
- Maintain ongoing communication with users, data management team and technical support staff to ensure that information is exchanged regarding system upgrades, re-occurring problems and training issues.
- Work closely with the Lead, Data Management to develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Prepare reports and regulatory documents and distributes to external individuals and/or groups as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a scientific or business discipline and one (1) to three (3) years of recent related experience, preferably in a research environment.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office and a high degree of competency with Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills as well as great attention to detail. Expertise in technical documentation. Capable of identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse group of people, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full-Time
Hours of work 0800-1600/0830-1630/0900-1700
Days of Work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Reference number 110830
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. (BCCH) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.