More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Corporate Senior Financial Analyst- Business Planning
Senior Financial Analyst, PHSA
Help our departments and their programs make the best strategic decisions, so we can provide British Columbians with the best health services possible.
As part of our Business Planning team, you will:
- Support the Program leadership’s strategic decision-making by providing analysis, advice and recommendations.
- Play a key role in the development, compilation and review of annual and multi-year budgets, and period end reporting.
- Identify opportunities to use operational and financial resources better.
- Contribute financial expertise to service delivery modeling, funding applications, operational reviews, and business process improvement reviews.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic level monitoring, assessment and reporting on the fiscal performance of PHSA programs and departments, including resource use, expenditure patterns, statistical and critical indicator data/information, and meeting budgetary targets.
- Play a key role in ensuring the long term financial viability and credibility of the organization by ensuring the data used is accurate.
- Prepare interim and year-end financial reports and forecasts including a written variance analysis as required for operational management, Senior Management and Senior Leadership Committee.
- Develop and present key performance indicators that help support the financial information provided and measurement of key business drivers impacting operations.
- Prepare confidential analytical reports and briefings as requested by senior management.
- Work with operational management and Capital Planning team to prepare the Operational and Capital Budget Management Plans.
- Identify and / or develop best practices for reporting, systems design and development and issue resolution, and communicates them, to other members of the business planning team.
- Educate operational program staff in areas such as developing operating and capital budgets, monitoring and interpreting financial information, and analysing deviations from plan and investigating causes.
- Develop financial analysis and/ or forecast incorporating funding or costing methodology.
- Undertake special projects as needed to address program requirements.
- Education, training and experience equivalent to a professional accounting designation (CPA) or a Masters’ Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study.
- At least eight (8) years of recent senior experience, preferably in a large complex multi-site organization.
- Superior writing and presentation skills, with experience in program and business case research and development.
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to understand complex issues and present them in concise meaningful ways.
- Strong computer and financial application skills including demonstrated ability to productively use spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications.
- A customer focus, with the ability to facilitate and encourage co-operation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade and tailor communications to your audience.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure and multi-task without direct supervision.
- Data management skills and the ability to work independently.
Consideration will be given to recent related experience, with an emphasis in business planning, financial planning, business process engineering and/or business case development.
- Excellent benefits package including vacation, health and dental, municipal pension and MSP.
- Professional development growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to make an impact and help transform lives.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Status: Regular Full-time
Closing date:Until Filled
Location: Determined based on the client group that is being supported
Some of the programs that our team supports include BC Cancer, BC Centre for Disease Control, BC Children's Hospital and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children, BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS), BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services, BC Renal , BC Surgical Patient Registry, BC Transplant, BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre,Cardiac Services BC, Health Emergency Management BC, Indigenous Health,Lower Mainland Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Mobile Medical Unit, Perinatal Services BC and Provincial Language Service
PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.