More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
COVID-19 Clinical Services Coordinator - BC Centre for Disease Control
COVID-19 Clinical Services Coordinator
BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver BC, $45.90 to $55.32 per hour
What you’ll do
- Administer, oversee and coordinate the delivery and effectiveness of community health services within the applicable unit/program within budgeted resources. Coordinate or delegate patient assignments, develop rotations, approve vacation, short term leaves and overtime, and monitor unit activities.
- Supervise designated staff through monitoring clinical performance and defining areas for improvement. Collaborate with the Public Health Manager, nursing leadership team, and interdisciplinary team members regarding unit and performance issues. Provide input into staff educational needs and develop plans for continuing education programs in conjunction with the clinical instructor. Complete performance reviews and plans for assigned staff members.
- Act as a clinical resource to nursing staff, students, and other members of the interdisciplinary team, by demonstrating procedures, answering questions related to clinical practice issues, problem solving, and anticipating potential concerns. Advise Public Health Manager of issues/concerns.
- Monitor the patient acuity and flow of patients on the nursing unit, to ensure that staffing levels match patient and unit needs. Make adjustments to the assignments to reflect changes in acuity.
- In conjunction with the Public Health Manager, and Nurse Supervisor, participate in the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of applicants for positions. Make recommendations to Public Health Manager regarding staffing plans.
- Provide input into the development, delivery and evaluation of orientation, in conjunction with other members of the health care team. Facilitate transition to unit by ensuring orientation meets individual needs.
What you bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Baccalaureate in Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization including three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Travel outside of existing geographic area may be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BCCNP standards for RN nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge in public health programs, and possessing a broad knowledge of BC’s health care system.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of the BCCDC.
- Strong leadership skills and independent decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop, prioritise and accomplish objectives.
- Supervisory experience in a unionised environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective team building skills.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until December 31, 2021)
Wage: $45.90 to $55.32 per hour
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 4R4
Rotating Schedule; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 113340
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 22, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.