More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
COVID-19: Hiring in Healthcare (Clinical Roles) - Occupational Health Nurse
Hiring in Health Care
Our health care professionals are no doubt our heroes, and this is a challenging time. PHSA needs your help, now more than ever!
We are seeking Occupational Health Nurses to support PHSA staff with questions & concerns related to COVID-19.
We are all in this together.
Work Location: 1333 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time (approximately 3 months)
Hours of Work: Rotating 8-hour schedule, Monday to Sunday
Are you a Registered Nurse, dedicated to supporting your colleagues? Join PHSA’s Occupational Health and Safety team to provide advice related to COVID-19, triage, and direct staff to the appropriate channels.
What you’ll do
- Assess the health of employees and work groups.
- Consult and advise managers, supervisors and staff on potential health risks.
- Identify health surveillance needs and establish appropriate monitoring processes.
- Review the immunity status of staff, identify and arrange specific tests and provide appropriate immunizations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain confidential employee health records using established electronic databases.
- Educate staff in safe work practices as applicable to communicable disease prevention, health awareness, and behaviour/attitudes/perceptions to reduce morbidity/mortality.
What you bring
- Practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Completion of BCCDC’s Immunization Competency Course.
- Three (3) years of recent, related experience in occupational or public health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee health principles and practices and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
You have the ability to:
- Work independently and be guided by standards of practice, WCB regulations and PHSA standards.
- Prepare written reports, letters and proposals.
- Use related equipment, including human resources information management system, word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet tools.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.