More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
COVID-19 HSP Case & Contact Tracer - BC Centre for Disease Control
COVID-19 HSP Case & Contact Tracer
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The COVID-19 Health Science Professional (HSP) Case & Contact Tracer utilizes Public Health clinical practice knowledge and expertise to promote and protect the optimal health, wellbeing and safety of patients/clients at all ages and life stages through targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming.
What you’ll do
- Provide public health follow-up on behalf of Regional Health Authorities for COVID-19 by communicating results to patients, conducting case investigation, supporting patient education, and referrals as appropriate.
- Provide contact notification on behalf of Regional Health Authorities by following up with contacts of COVID-19 cases to provide public health guidance, referrals, and screening as required.
- Provide information about communicable disease infection and prevention measures to the public and other clinicians. Collaborates with communicable disease partners from BCCDC, Regional Health Authorities, First Nations Health Authority, and other personnel as appropriate.
- Participate in other outbreak management, immunization, and contact tracing activities as required.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with WorkSafe BC and organizational Occupational Health and Safety policies and standards to meet safety requirements.
What you bring
- Degree in a related Health Science discipline, supplemented with recent, related public health clinical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Registration with Provincial licensing/governing body as applicable to the profession.
- Travel outside of existing geographic area may be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Multiple Opportunities Available for Temporary Full-Time and Temporary Part-Time
Wage: $31.99 to 39.98 per hour
Location: Vancouver AND Flexibility to travel & work at multiple sites
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Variable, as per schedule; per Rotation - Monday to Sunday.
Requisition # CovidCTATFT
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC.
BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.