More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Covid_19 Licensed Practical Nurse - Contact Tracing & Immunization
COVID-19 Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Contact Tracing & Immunization, BC Centre for Disease Control, $28.43 to $32.98 per hour
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Temporary Full Time Opportunities Available
New Graduate are welcome to apply
PHSA is actively seeking COVID-19 Licenses Practical Nurses (LPNs) to support contact tracing and BC’s Covid-19 Immunization Plan.
These temporary positions will work as part of the BC Centre for Disease Control’s team. Our COVID-19 LPNs will provide assessment services for individuals presenting with or at risk for COVID-19. This includes: testing, surveillance, sample collection, communicating test results, administering immunizations, and supporting investigations by monitoring active cases and laboratory reports.
Our COVID-19 LPNs will focus on immunization of the Covid -19 vaccine, contact tracing, providing support and guidance to reduce transmission and spread of the pandemic across our region. These roles will commence in immediately until December 31, 2021. This position is located in Vancouver and flexibility to travel and/or work at multiple sites across BC is required in support of the regional health authorities’ COVID-19 response.
Join our team of #healthcareheroes in the fight against COVID-19!
What is contact tracing? Check out BCCDC's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9Mhll30Ks&feature=youtu.be
What you’ll do
- Provide nursing services in person or by telephone related to the assessment of individuals with stable and/or predictable states of health who are presenting with or at risk for COVID-19 by methods such as interviewing clients and taking history, gathering data appropriate to clinical assessment and diagnosis, involving client in a risk assessment for COVID-19.
- Communicate test results to COVID-19 infected individuals, providing instructions, supportive counselling and assisting clients understanding of disease and treatment with information and education.
- Interview COVID-19 infected individuals to collect all available information regarding contact for a specific period of time; using information collected and investigative skills when information is limited to find named contacts.
- Inform named contacts in person or by telephone that they have been exposed to someone with positive COVID-19 results and what action is recommended, and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Communicate with assigned contacts, obtain symptom information, refer contacts for testing, and provide instructions for quarantine. Follow up with contacts to document required testing and treatment and provides information and guidance to interrupt ongoing transmission and reduce spread of the disease.
What you bring:
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
You will also have knowledge in:
- BCCNM standards for LPN nursing practice.
- Communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures.
- Community development and health promotion principles and practices and the determinants of health.
- How to conduct relevant assessments.
- Immunization protocols.
** Travel outside of existing geographic area will be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
Temporary, Full time (Until December 31, 2021)
$28.43 - $32.98 per hour
Vancouver & flexibility to travel to multiple sites
Monday – Sunday; Various Day Shifts available (8 hr shifts)
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), and is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 5, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.