More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
COVID-19 Nurse Educator, Clinical Prevention Services - BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver
COVID-19 Nurse Educator, Clinical Prevention Services
BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver - $43.09 - $52.82 per hour
What you’ll do
- Identify, analyse, and use relevant and valid information including research findings in the development of educational curriculum.
- Participate in a collaborative manner to assist in the design and delivery of educational initiatives of other educational programs within Clinical Prevention Services and agency.
- Promote nursing standards including the quality of documentation by modelling quality practice, encouraging dialogue about practice, monitoring practice to identify learning needs and, accordingly, teaching, coaching and guiding staff as they increase their knowledge and skills.
- Facilitate competence development with staff and student nurses by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating general and program specific nursing orientation and continuing education programs. Develop and adapt educational programs and materials in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and according to needs and priorities of the clinical program.
- Develop customized learning plans in collaboration with the Public Health Manager, Senior Practice Lead, and Nurse Supervisor to meet individual learning needs of staff. Contribute to staff performance planning and review by such methods as auditing and assessing performance during orientation, probation, skills review and education and training sessions.
- Regularly monitor and adapt nursing education to account for changing communicable disease recommendations or organizational mandates. Identify gaps in program’s ability to deliver service and care, escalate or disseminate information as appropriate.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years of experience in curriculum design and delivery and clinical nursing practice education, and one (1) year of experience in nursing practice specific to the prevention and treatment of communicable diseases.
- Completion of course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area.
- Travel outside of existing geographic area may be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
You have the
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BCCNP standards for RN nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures.
- Broad knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices and the determinants of health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach in online, clinical, and workshop settings.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary; Part-Time (FTE: 0.60) until Dec 31, 2021
Wage: $43.09 - $52.82
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating; 0830 - 1630
Requisition # 113431, 113432
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 27, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.