CST Business Analyst, PMO Team (Project Management Office)
Salary Range: $72,445 - $104,139+ / year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Reporting to the designated Manager/Director, the Business Analyst is an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development. Through knowledge of the health system, the Business Support Analyst documents and analyzes processes, gathers requirements, performs best practice reviews, gathers data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and performs current state assessments and gap analysis on initiatives. The Business Support Analyst liaises with a broad spectrum of clinical, IT and business stakeholders and leaders to assist in translating technical issues into a single, shared and realistic vision.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand project structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process, and data requirements
- Acts as an advisor to the team(s) by assessing project risks, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project. Recommends solutions to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Supports testing; the development of implementation materials; and process definition and design.
- Translates technical issues and architectural complexities in a manner that assists project stakeholders in understanding issues more clearly.
- Works with project stakeholders to test and validate requirements and analysis models by various methods such as reviews, walkthroughs, etc. as appropriate. May assist in writing user acceptance test cases and liaise between project stakeholders and testing groups.
- May configure and build using the Cerner build tools. Develops and documents detailed application specifications. Validates specification documentation.
- Provides project management support to coordinate and monitor the project and key deliverables.
- Interacts with stakeholders at all levels, receives input, and prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior analytical skills , documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platform.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Our Programs Explore to find the right program for you at PHSA.
Clinical and Systems Transformations | Careers at PHSA Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is a large-scale, multi-year project between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), PHSA, and PHC. Learn more here.
Rewarding Health Care Nursing Careers and Jobs with PHSA Provide specialty nursing in clinical health care and research. Explore careers throughout B.C. with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Indigenous Health Care Jobs and Careers with PHSA Join our thriving Indigenous workforce in a corporate or clinical role. Explore careers in B.C. with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Physician Careers at PHSA Our PHSA medical leadership team provides care that is among the best in the world, contributing to research that is changing the future of health care.
Health Care Correctional Health Services Jobs and Careers With PHSA Correctional Health Services provides exceptional care for incarcerated patients. Join us in a career with Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Jobs for You
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs