More than just a job.
Data Administrator, Clinical Trials - BC Cancer - Vancouver
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"We are fortunate to have an amazing team of intelligent, reliable and dedicated professionals. Our health care system depends on a number of systems and technologies to function correctly and efficiently, and your commitment to this organization does not go unnoticed. Thank you for the incredible contributions that you make - not only enable the health system today but to help transform the system for the future to improve patient and provider experiences."Shannon Malovec Executive Vice President, Digital Health & Information Services
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
800+ full-time staff
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Data Administrator, Clinical Trials - BC Cancer - Vancouver
Data Administrator, Clinical Trials
The Data Administrator, Clinical Trials performs assigned data management procedures, capturing and recording clinical trials data, which is performed in accordance with trial protocol, procedures, guidelines and professional standards of practice. Receives work direction and supervision from the Data Coordinator, Clinical Trials.
What you'll do
- Performs basic data management functions related for studies of a less complex nature, in collaboration with other members of the Clinical Trials and Heath Care Team and by performing duties such as:
o Organizing and maintaining study files and documentation.
o Ensuring that records (paper and electronic) are complete by checking for deficiencies in information and are in compliance with ICH-GP standards.
o Collecting, extracting and inputting data pertaining to clinical trials specifications utilizing in-house and external databases.
o Contributing to the development and maintenance of data collection tools and regulatory documentation.
o Maintaining and creating user accounts.
- Under the direction of the Data Coordinator or designate assigned to specific studies, captures clinical trials data, as specified in the protocol and in collaboration as required with the Clinical Trials Team, by performing duties such as:
o Completing study case report forms and other documents within the required timeframe
o Retrieving or requesting data by identifying selection parameters for retrieval
o Utilizing coding systems and resources as required to code, input and upload data as pertaining to Clinical Trials.
- Completes data collection for follow-up, as specified in protocols by obtaining information from reports, charts, outside physicians and hospitals.
- Determines data quality/integrity of assigned work by reviewing the data capture for accuracy and completeness. Updates and corrects deficiencies with other appropriate members of the Clinical Trials team.
- Reports assigned information to sources such as other Agency departments and outside organizations, following established time schedules and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings relevant to data capture, management and clinical trial implementation.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to supervisor on processes and opportunities for process improvement.
What you bring
- Completion of a recognized Health Record Administration Program with eligibility for membership in the Canadian College of Health Records Administrators at the Certificate level, one (1) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will have:
- Perform data capture, management and retrieval using an automated information system
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH Guidelines
- Aptitude for detail
- Operate related equipment
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Skills in CPR techniques
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Wage: $33.40 to $41.70 per hour
Location: 600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 8 am to 4 pm
Requisition Number: 144489E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 1, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - BC Cancer, Surrey May. 30, 2023
- Rehabilitation Worker, Forensic Mental Health, Forensic Psychiatric Services - BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services May. 30, 2023
- Customer Service Representative, PLS May. 30, 2023
- Project Manager II May. 30, 2023