More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"I see every day the great work that our staff do. …seeing how staff show up every day to make sure that our systems are available, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your contributions, thank you for your commitment to the organization, to making sure that those providers have the information they need, that the systems are highly available. What you do is very, very important every day."Ron Quirk Executive Vice President, Digital Information Services & Innovation
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Data Visualization Specialist & Tableau Administrator - BC Centre for Disease Control
Data Visualization Specialist & Tableau Administrator
BC Centre for Disease Control
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all positions at PHSA.
The BCCDC is looking for a visualization specialist with a good understanding of both visualization theory (ie. best practices), and technical expertise (ie. software specific skills). The majority of BCCDC visualization work is done in Tableau and R/RShiny, and as such, familiarity with both tools is prioritized. Skills in other more advanced visualization software is also beneficial as it would allow the center to expand the breadth of our reporting products.
What you’ll do
- Design interactive visualizations, dashboards, infographics and other data visualization products.
- Consults with users to identify design requirements and determines the most appropriate design visualization based on an understanding of technical considerations, privacy requirements, and visual design best practices.
- Integrates Tableau with other reporting and analysis tools such as ArcGIS and R to create real-time exploration of data and a seamless user experiences between reporting modalities.
- Ensures standards and best practices are established and met for consistent and accurate use of visualization tools across BCCDC and partner health organizations, including Regional Health Authorities.
- Reviews, approves and publishes dashboards and data sources to servers taking into account data privacy policies and agreements.
- Designs and develops data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with other teams, including the data warehousing team responsible for data mart development.
- Provides advanced analytical capabilities within the visualization tools to improve user ability and efficiency through integration with statistical applications.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, statistics or related discipline
- Five (5) years’ experience building interactive data visualizations.
- Experience in server administration in an enterprise environment is required, as are advance SQL coding skills and experience with ETL tools and technologies, especially SSIS.
- Experience in healthcare and tableau certifications as well as statistical tools such as SAS and R considered to be an asset.
- Highly organized, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence.
- Thorough knowledge of space management and utilization principles.
- Effective organizational, research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and carry out activities within tight timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 4R4
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 115571
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC. BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 15, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.