More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Dietitian I - BC Children's Hospital
BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Within the context of a patient-centered care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision, mission and values of the respective Agency the dietitian provides clinical nutrition services through the assessment, planning, implementation and outcome evaluation of nutritional goals and care plans. Within an inter-professional environment collaborates with members of the health care team; provides clinical education to health care professionals and students and participates in nutrition and/or program based research, quality improvement and risk management projects.
What you’ll do
- Conducts nutrition screening and assessment of patients/clients/residents utilizing established standards and guidelines, performs physical nutrition assessments such as subjective global assessment, and identifies and obtains relevant data.
- Develops and implements patient/client/resident-centered nutritional goals and care plans, based on assessment and utilizing appropriate standards as set by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia, and incorporating individual patient/client/resident’s needs e.g. cultural, religious, learning, social, and economic factors. Provides recommendations based on assessment and treatment modalities to health care team regarding nutrition support regime (oral and/or enteral).
- Monitors patients/clients/residents to determine if the nutrition care plan is meeting the established nutritional goals such as promotion of optimal health, growth and development. Consults with the patient/client/resident, families and/or caregivers, the physician, and other health care team members regarding the patient/client/resident’s response to the nutrition care plan and adjusts diet orders and nutrition support regime as required.
- Documents nutrition assessments, care plans and recommendations at each stage of the nutrition care process according to established format, policy, timelines and legal requirements in the health care record and/or via reports. Maintains and updates patient/client/resident files and/or databases according to discipline and program guidelines. Completes and maintains appropriate records for activities including workload statistics as required.
- Attends inter-professional rounds or patient/client/resident care conferences to provide input regarding patients’/clients’/residents’ nutritional status, response to the nutrition care plan, recommended modifications to the plan, and discharge planning needs.
What you bring
- Current full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC).
- Graduate of an accredited Dietetic Internship Program, or equivalent education, training and experience as approved by the College of Dietitians of BC.
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia with Restricted Activity A.
- Eligible for registration with College of Dietitians of British Columbia with Restricted Activity B and C.
- One-year recent related experience working with the designated patient/client/resident population in the relevant clinical services area within BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $33.13 - $42.92/hr
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position has been filled
Work Days: Rotating
Hours of Work: Rotating
Requisition Number: 101921
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.