|Job Title:||DISTRIBUTION ATTENDANT|
|Job Location:||Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver|
|Department:||In Hosp Replen Dist Int LnL|
|Job Type:||Casual, Part Time|
|Start Date of Employment:||24-May-2019|
|Work Days:||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,|
|Hours of Work:||0000-2400|
|Work Site:||855 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver|
Under general supervision the incumbent is responsible for transporting a variety of supplies and/or materials within the facility using a tow motor and by methods such as loading items by hand or using pallet jack, transporting to specific unit/department, delivering specials such as perishable or valuable items.
1. Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials by operating a Power Pallet Jack or tow motor by methods such as loading by hand or using a pallet jack, taking supplies off of a pallet, sorting supplies per Department, placing the supplies onto mobile transportation carts, securing load in accordance with policies and procedures, delivering supplies to designated areas as directed and off-loading and/or distributing supplies to specified unit for distribution.
2. Delivers direct purchase items and specials such as perishables or valuable items by performing duties such as picking up item from Stores, signing delivery receipt, transporting goods to department/unit, obtaining signature to confirm receipt and returning signed copy to Stores to ensure immediate delivery.
3. Delivers and picks up various items such as requisitions, mail/parcels, supplies, equipment and pharmacy items from various areas throughout the hospitals.
4. Specific to VGH Site: Operates garbage compactor dumping mechanism by aligning and clamping garbage carts and activating automated mechanism in order to empty garbage from carts into compactor.
5. Specific to C&W: Empty soiled linen into linen cart and load into linen truck. Exchange empty linen carts with soiled from all Hospital areas.
6. Specific to C&W: Loads and unloads linen to and from delivery vehicles.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 vehicle license if applicable.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.