More than just a job.
Enrollment Support Analyst, IMITS
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"We are fortunate to have an amazing team of intelligent, reliable and dedicated professionals. Our health care system depends on a number of systems and technologies to function correctly and efficiently, and your commitment to this organization does not go unnoticed. Thank you for the incredible contributions that you make - not only enable the health system today but to help transform the system for the future to improve patient and provider experiences."Shannon Malovec Executive Vice President, Digital Health & Information Services
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
800+ full-time staff
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Enrollment Support Analyst, IMITS
Enrollment Support Analyst, IMITS
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA, safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA. As such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Within the context of the Information Management Information Technology Services (IMITS) lower mainland consolidated area that provides services to Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, and Provincial Health Services Authority and other lower mainland consolidated services (VPPL), the Enrollment Support Analyst reports to the Manager or designate and works within a multi-site health care environment. The Enrollment Support Analyst performs a variety of technical services in the operations of provisioning and de-provisioning access to clinical applications for various users across VPPL in accordance with established procedures. Reviews enrollment requests, verifies users identity, follows-up on discrepancies, maintains security within the applications, processes security requests for user access, creates accounts and passwords for users as well as decommissions accounts by being proactive and detail oriented and working in accordance to established procedures and under the work direction of the Senior Enrollment Support Analyst. Troubleshoots access issues by investigating and resolving problems, taking corrective action requiring knowledge of the provisioning environment and critical thinking. Liaises with the requesting manager, users on issues, and other stakeholders to correct issues; maintains communication, documentation, statistics, websites, and other departmental information; and supports privacy breach investigations as directed by pulling and reporting on user access. The Enrollment Support Analyst participates in team meetings, continuous quality and process improvement, projects, systems updates and upgrades; performs work utilising intermediate MS Excel and MS Access knowledge; and carries out system testing as needed. May assist with project deployment activities.
What you’ll do
- Reviews clinical application security enrollment requests across HA’s and verifies identity and information using many supporting applications, such as PeopleSoft, Rise, PLR, and Cactus, to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the user’s data throughout the integrated systems. Follows-up on discrepancies to validate employee’s identity that access should be based upon, and verify that the approver is valid according to established criteria and to request a valid approver if needed. Liaises with requesting Manager, users and appropriate business stakeholders to identify the most appropriate type of access for user including multiple position assignments and to coordinate the creation of new user accounts.
- Processes and initiates Clinical Application security access requests for user access including creating user accounts, logins and passwords, and de-provisioning within established customer service procedures, standards and documented processes to correctly link or remove user accounts across HA’s including MoH databases by following and entering predefined commands, using provided and customized tools to run predefined scripts which includes bulk loads utilizing intermediate excel skills and automated excel macros. Refers problems and seeks direction from Senior Enrollment Support Analyst as required.
- Reviews and troubleshoots access issues by methods such as looking for and investigating errors, data quality and access issues; following up with user for more information, investigating to identify true access and provisioning issues, working with the various internal and external stakeholders (including across VCH, PHC & PHSA); taking corrective action for data quality and provisioning issues as required, and referring unresolved problems or issues to the appropriate level/team for follow-up and resolution. Informs and liaises with other departments regarding errors so additional corrective actions can be taken to fully fix the problem. For urgent after hours issues is on call as assigned and is remotely investigating, troubleshooting, correcting and referring issues as appropriate.
- Communicates with stakeholders by answering requests for information via department inbox, phone calls and emails, participating in conference calls and meetings when requested; passes requests, and responds to enquiries and/or refers to others. Also discusses current issues, performs trend analysis, and notifies stakeholders of changes to the enrollment system or process.
- Documents own work and actions taken, updates assigned ticket information with client provided information, maintains accurate team records, and updates information related to workflows in accordance with standard operating procedures. Provides input into the development of procedures as requested. Creates and updates documentation to internal websites and SharePoint sites.
- Maintains statistics and other departmental information; reviews team audit logs and corrects errors, checks and enters data into a computer database or spreadsheet, generates a variety of statistical reports and prepares standardized summary reports, selects and compiles data, makes arithmetic calculations, edits data and distributes accordingly. Maintains standard team procedures such as updating communication scripts and how to complete routine service requests.
- Actively participates in continuous quality and process improvement activities by reviewing job workflow, reporting system issues and errors, and providing input/feedback to the Manager or designate such as identifying roadblocks and inefficiencies, and proposing possible solutions.
- Performs work utilising intermediate MS Excel and MS Access knowledge by uploading and retrieving information from the database. Participates in the planning and deployment of system updates and upgrades. Performs system testing as needed by running testing scripts, recognizing bugs in the system and providing feedback on system errors.
- Attends team meetings, participates in team discussions and projects, and provides input and feedback on service support procedures.
- Types and maintains a variety of technical and non-technical materials such as correspondence, memos, reports, forms, and spreadsheets using word-processing and spreadsheet software packages.
- Assigns work tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two (2) year computer systems technology diploma program, and two (2) years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- May be required to travel and/or participate in an on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to type.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Wage: $35.27 / Hour
Location: 1885 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 1Y5
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 0800-1600 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 142734E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 24, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
- Associate, Records and Benefits Mar. 22, 2023
- Senior Practice Leader, Epidemiologist - BC Centre for Disease Control Mar. 22, 2023
- Educator/Facilitator, Chee Mamuk - BC Centre for Disease Control Mar. 22, 2023
- Education Specialist Mar. 22, 2023