More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Evaluation Lead, Immunization Programs - BC Centre for Disease Control
BC Centre for Disease Control, Immunization Programs, Vancouver BC
What you’ll do
- Lead, conduct and/or coordinate multiple evaluation projects relevant to vaccine uptake and acceptance by conducting literature reviews, designing and implementing studies, collecting and analyzing data, and writing reports.
- Assess the effectiveness of current immunization promotion strategies and develop appropriate evaluation plans using readily available data as well as data requiring new acquisition.
- Contribute to applied public health research and ensure new understanding and knowledge is shared by publishing findings in recognized/peer-reviewed scientific journals or presentations at professional conferences.
- Make evidence-based recommendations to Communicable Disease and Immunization Service at BCCDC, BC health authorities, Ministry staff, and federal/ provincial/ territorial partners to develop, coordinate, and implement evidence-based provincial and regional strategies for selected vaccine programs and target populations to increase coverage.
- Provide guidance and direction in compiling interpretative reports based on quantitative and qualitative evaluation analysis.
- Conduct and advise regarding complex statistical analyses, including multivariate analysis using SPSS on complex data sets.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Masters or Ph.D. in social sciences or health-related sciences.
- Five (5) years of experience in related research/evaluation/decision support in a public health environment.
- Leadership competencies include acting with integrity and trust, building a team environment, communicating clearly, fostering potential.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of research methodologies, principles and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of performance outcome measurement tools and techniques and program evaluation (e.g., program logic models, impact analysis).
- The ability to use advanced microcomputer software such as databases and spreadsheets, and statistical computer software for analyses of complex data sets.
- The ability to function independently and as a part of an interdisciplinary team, and the ability to work well under pressure with limited supervision.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 109901
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) www.bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 14, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.