More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Executive Director, Regional Cancer Centre - BC Cancer Vancouver
Executive Director, Regional Cancer Centre
Cancer Operations, BC Cancer Vancouver
What you do
- Oversee the regional management and leadership in all operational areas of the Regional Cancer Centre; including clinical patient care delivered by nurses and allied health staff, financial and human resources management. Work closely with regional and provincial leaders to ensure alignment of provincial standards and between regional medical and operational teams, and coordination of deployment of resources in the spectrum of cancer control in the region.
- Direct quality, safety, risk management standards, including emergency management, infection control, disaster planning, fire and safety, occupational health and safety, essential services, business continuity planning, and first aid for the Regional Cancer Centre in collaboration with the Executive Medical Director and in conjunction with PHSA, and the Regional Health Authority.
- Ensure an exceptional patient experience/focus approach, lead, design, implement, coordinate and evaluate clinical processes and services in conjunction with professional practice leaders and other Regional Cancer Centre leaders to ensure a provincial approach when possible.
- Lead and share accountability with the Executive Medical Director working in a dyad leadership model including joint decision-making in the planning and delivery of regional cancer services in partnership with the Regional Health Authority, ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach to communications including key messages and timing and alignment between regional medical and operational teams, and fostering group culture and supporting unity of purpose.
- Inform, create and lead strategic initiatives that are in line with the organizations priorities that follows a provincial planning framework, but are implemented regionally. Responsible for supporting strategic cancer care planning and ensuring BC Cancer’s strategic goals and directions are implemented and evaluated.
- Work collaboratively with Provincial Patient Safety, Professional Practice, Quality and Research portfolios to support, lead and promote the integration of quality improvement, research and evidence based practices at all levels of the care processes. Implement changes required due to newly emerging evidence, standards and governing requirements.
- Co-lead Clinical Trials administrative function and facilitates clinical research through such methods as collaborating with, and having respect for, the needs of the team members, both multi-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary regarding educational, professional and research development consistent with Provincial standards.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent a Master’s degree in a relevant healthcare discipline (e.g. Healthcare Management, Business Administration or a health care profession).
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years’ of progressive leadership experience in a health care setting.
- Preferably experience is within oncology and includes responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex service delivery systems.
- Leadership competencies required as outlined in the PHSA LEADS Framework.
- Leadership capabilities in the areas of leading self, engaging others, achieving results, developing coalitions, and system transformation are essential.
What you have
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork, inter-agency coordination and inter-disciplinary communication and to facilitate a partnership and cooperation to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and sustain mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Creativity and originality in problem resolution.
- Negotiate, mediate resolutions to complex situations, and communicate with and facilitate dialogue between various groups.
- Ability to achieve, and to recognize the need for, alignment with the strategic direction of the organization.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday – Friday - 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 107860
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.