More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
File and Reception Clerk - Vancouver, BC
File & Reception Clerk
Children’s and Women’s Health Centre
Are you efficient and detail oriented? Provide effective support to our clinical teams so we can in turn provide the best health care to our patients.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and update patient filing system on items such as charts, laboratory reports and any other related correspondence. Responsible for replacing worn folders, culling files as necessary and logging old charts in a database to be kept in storage.
- Perform receptionist and other clerical duties such as answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files as necessary, greeting patients and families, printing daily schedule, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Receive and register patients upon arrival. Ensure patient demographics and appropriate information is complete and accurate and follows up with appropriate parties as necessary.
- Schedule and book patient appointments and follow-up appointments using information provided from referring doctors’ offices and/or patient charts as necessary. Coordinate, book and confirm patient appointments with medical staff and/or professionals in the assigned area as well as with parents or guardians, making additions, deletions and changes to appointments, as necessary. Pre-register patients for clinic appointments, ensuring that all information is correct.
- Coordinate appointments with other departments/professionals internal and/or external to the hospital as required.
- Prepare forms for special procedures, such as laboratory and/or x-ray requisitions.
- Access database and inputs data to establish, maintain and store data such as statistics and patient information on the computer system.
- As required, request patient charts for clinic from health records and collect all necessary patient documentation such as charts, records and reports as directed.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail, reports and documents; process all outgoing mail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Keyboard 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Temporary, Full-Time until 02/12/2021 or until expected return of incumbent.
Location 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Work days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hours of work 11:00-19:00 until expected return of incumbent.
Reference number #114409
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.