More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Finance Administrator, Provincial Clinical Trials - BC Cancer - Vancouver
Finance Administrator, Provincial Clinical Trials
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Communicate with finance departments within the PHSA and BCCF to correct inappropriate expenses or changes of status of various accounts. Approve payment of invoices for shared expenses incurred through work by the Technical Development Office and ensure a timely transfer of funds.
- Develop budget documentation for the appropriate clinical and research funds and incorporate data into budget models. Make recommendations and assists Provincial Leaders in presenting the financial information to Senior BCCA\PHSA Leaders and stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, review and analyze financial information of core, grant and donation funds and summarize the information in a report via spreadsheets on a monthly basis. Provide action recommendations to remain on budget.
- Track and submit expense information to PHSA Finance department regarding the calculation of shared service expenses. Advise PHSA Finance of journal entry discrepancies and verify reporting information, requesting remedial action as required.
- Gather and collate data for workload reports for financial analysis.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a University degree in an accounting designation, plus five (5) years recent related experience with three of those years in a leadership/supervisory role in a unionized environment.
You will also have:
- Knowledge and experience working with generally accepted accounting principles.
- An understanding of a hospital/university environment.
- Organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision and leadership to support staff.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate team work and team building.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $59,344 - $74,181+ / year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan.
Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4E6 - This is a hybrid position with the ability to work a combination of on-site and remote.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600/0830-1630/0900-1700
Requisition # 129210
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 4, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.