More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Finance Manager (FP&A)- BC Cancer
You are a strategic financial professional who is seeking a fulfilling role where you’ll make an impact now as well as into the future. This is the one you’ve been waiting for: brand-new role as a hands-on leader in BC Cancer’s business planning group and an exciting opportunity to help drive change to the provincial cancer care system. Your strong relationship-building skills make you a supportive and dedicated leader. You’re equally comfortable collaborating with senior government officials as you are with junior team members requiring mentorship and space to learn. With experience managing the financial aspect of managing large capital and redevelopment projects; you are well-versed in project accounting, cost controls, modelling, and developing business cases.
What you’ll do
- Manage the accurate and timely financial reporting process including the preparation of all period end reports. Provides operational reporting in support of key business processes across various functional areas as well as the entire organization.
- Ensure timely compilation of PHSA’s period end and consolidated financial reports and provides written variance analysis which includes resource utilization, expenditure patterns, statistical and critical indicator data/information and budgetary targets and recommends corrective action.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of all external and internal reports required by partners and external stakeholders.
- Lead and monitor projects/project teams related to proposals/reports, budget development, and accessing funding. Support senior management projects by researching, analyzing, recommending and completing implementation activities, in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement new case costing and funding methodologies in conjunction with internal partners and external stakeholders; represents PHSA Finance in negotiating and communicating with Regional Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health in case costing and funding analysis.
- Lead, develop and update financial models to forecast organization performance given different business objectives and scenarios.
What you bring
Qualifications and Certifications
- CPA (CMA, CGA, or CA) designation or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- 10+ years of progressive experience in senior leadership, finance and project management within a complex, multi-site organization.
Skills and Experience
- Experience managing large capital and redevelopment projects, ideally including cost accounting and strong modelling experience
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on knowledge of business planning, case costing and funding analysis, business process engineering, and business case development.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills for Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint; demonstrated experience with ERP systems.
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills; skillful development and delivery of understandable and relevant key messages, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 500-686 W Broadway, Vancouver V5Z 1E9-BC Cancer
Hours: Monday – Friday, 0800-1630
Requisition Number: 101264
Apply today for this exciting opportunity!
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.