More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Finance Manager (FP&A)
Do you have a strong financial planning and analysis experience focused on budgeting, variance analysis, forecasting and dealing with a diverse amounts of departments or cost centres? We are looking for strong leader and FP&A professional who has experience working in a complex environment and wants to create impact in the health care system.
The clients we support include the lower mainland consolidation team including: Medical Imaging, Facilities, Biomedical Engineering, Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS), Integrated Protection Services, Health Information Management, Pharmacy and Provincial Language Services.
What you'll do
- Play a critical role in all aspects of financial planning, operational reporting, ad hoc financial/business analysis, funding analysis, project management and financial modeling.
- Manage a team of three to four Senior Financial Analysts
- Lead the annual financial planning and budget process, quarterly rolling forecasts as well as strategic process.
- Help manage the accounting process during period end as well as completing, auditing and managing journal entries
- Review and develop budget procedures and tools to continuously improve the planning, budgeting, reporting and forecasting processes.
- Develop and/or analyze complex multi-dimensional financial models supporting budgets, forecasts, strategic plans, and business initiatives analysis. These models will assist with understanding the impact of investment and outcomes on financial and operational metrics..
- Conduct variance analysis of actual performance against budget and forecast
- Provide support to internal stakeholders through analysis of results, outcomes and key performance measurements
- Liaise between finance and non-finance teams to support data collection, cross company initiatives, infrastructure development and process improvements
What you bring
- CPA (CMA, CGA or CA) designation or MBA is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively leadership, financial and project management experience within a large complex multi-site organization.
- Strong Financial Planning and Analysis experience including managing budgets, completing variance and forecast analysis and dealing with 30-50 cost centres
- Experience and comfort with completing accounting transactions including journal entries
- Strong operational accounting experience.
- Experience with a large portfolio ideally a budget of $100 million or more servicing a minimum 50 cost centres.
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on knowledge of FP&A, business planning, case costing and funding analysis, and business case development.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and previous experience with direct reports including hiring, training and completing performance reviews is required.
- Advanced Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with ERP systems are required.
- Lead a team and manage processes with an emphasis on knowledge related to business planning and funding analysis, business process engineering, and business case development.
- Coach and mentor a team with demonstrated experience in supervising and leading staff (hiring, training and completing performance reviews).
- Effectively negotiate in a diplomatic manner with a focus on external organizations (i.e. Regional Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health).
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate well with others.
- Organize and prioritize your work.
- Pay attention to smaller details with the capacity to learn and take on new challenges.
- Present and convey messages that are understandable, thoughtful and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job type Regular Full Time
Hours of work 08:30-16:30, Monday through Friday
Location:1333 West Broadway
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment