More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you'll do
- Report to the Director, Business Planning Corporate, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis plays a critical role in all aspects of financial planning, operational reporting, ad hoc financial/business analysis, funding analysis, project management and financial modeling.
- Provide relevant and value-added financial planning, analysis and reporting to senior management and external Government entities. This role is responsible for all aspects of the annual financial planning and budgeting process and for the preparation and provision of timely reporting and forecasting.
- Lead corporate initiated projects in Finance, and represents the Business Planning Director on committees and other work groups as needed.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a professional accounting designation CPA (CMA, CGA, or CA or Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively leadership, financial and project management experience within a large complex multi-site organization.
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on knowledge of FP&A, business planning, case costing and funding analysis, and business case development.
- Experience with a large portfolio ideally a budget of $100 million or more servicing a minimum 50 cost centre.
- Strong attention to detail, capacity to learn and accept additional responsibilities will make you successful in this role.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and previous experience with direct reports including hiring, training and completing performance reviews is required. Advanced Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with ERP systems are required.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills is required, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job type Regular Full Time
Hours of work 08:30-16:30, Monday through Friday
Location:Location to be determined based on client group being supported.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services.
Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.