More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Food Services Worker II, Retail
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Food Service Worker II performs various duties that include the exchange of cash and/or meal tickets for items purchased, food preparation, cooking and assembly, customer service and/or checking for customer orders for accuracy. The role assists customers who need help or have concerns, escalating as required to Food Services Supervisor and/or Manager.
What you’ll do
- Processes and prepares food and beverage orders, utilizing a cash register machine and checks accuracy of customer orders. Responsible for dishwashing, food preparation and assembly, restocking, service and clean-up of food and beverages in the retail service unit.
- Handle cash transactions, count cash and prepare cashiers report as assigned.
- Front line preparation and service of food and beverages to customers. Prepare and deliver food, beverages and supplies for the set-up of operations. Prepare and deliver catering orders as assigned.
- Unpacks and stores grocery and produce deliveries; rotates stock; takes out and puts away supplies as required. Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Follow established recipes and standards of food and beverage preparation, assembly and merchandising. Document supplies needed as required.
- Clean and sanitize all furniture including table-tops and sides, counter tops and fronts, condiment stands, microwaves and water dispensers.
- Remove organic bin waste to designated area. Clean and wipe inside and outside of organic bin container.
- Performs cleaning duties such as cleaning counter tops, sinks, cupboards, shelves, machines, and equipment and spot washes wall and splash areas.
- Carry pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standard.
- Notifies leadership of retail product inventory when low.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you bring
- Grade 10 plus one (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Certificate in Food Safe Level 1.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Rate of Pay: $20.97 per hour
Union Affiliation: Facilities Subsector
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Hours of Work: 06:00-14:00, 10:00-18:00, 12:00-20:00 Monday-Friday
07:00-15:00, 13:00-19:00 Saturday & Sunday
Requisition #: FSR-CAS
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.