More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Forms and Graphics Designer (Casual)
Provincial Health Services Authority
Are you a passionate graphic designer who enjoys communicating and distilling complex information into a dynamic, visual form? This position requires creativity, excellent organizational skills, skills with various graphics programs and the ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
What you’ll do
Using considerable creative, organizational and technical skills, the Graphic Designer provides consultation to clients in planning and developing project content to support the goals and intention of print materials, providing clinical or public information with respect to COVID-19.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to meet communication needs using a variety of technologies, and execute design to meet clients’ graphic communication needs.
- Use a variety of computer software tools and programs individually or in combination to develop the overall layout and production of designs.
- Coordinate on projects that involve both media and print materials, so that related products benefit from a common design, colour selection, and coordinated production and packaging.
- Communicate extensively with clients to understand the nature and purpose of projects, recommending appropriate format and suggesting changes to improve the clients’ project plan. Negotiate these changes.
What you bring
- Successful completion of post-secondary forms and graphic design courses
- 2 years of graphic design and desktop experience and/or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to type 55 WPM
- Preferred experience with or knowledge of medical and scientific technology.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and set priorities and to plan, coordinate and organize work.
- Skilled in producing documents using a variety of computer programs.
- Expertise in planning and creating professional, high-quality print materials.
- Expertise in providing information on design possibilities for clients (many of whom are unsure of what they really want)!
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Job Type: Casual
Location: Vancouver General Hospital
Wage: 26.12/hour + 12.6% in lieu
Reference number: 106044E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.