More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Health Informatics Specialist - BC Transplant
Health Informatics Specialist
BC Transplant, Vancouver,BC
Two Regular, Full-Time Opportunities available!
What you’ll do
- Utilize clinical knowledge, informatics knowledge, critical thinking and best practice to promote quality management through the application of informatics.
- Extract clinical information including transplant procedures, complications, infections, biopsies, co-morbidities, and laboratory results.
- Collect patient information from various paper based and electronic systems at the three transplant referral hospitals (VGH, BCCH and SPH) and the seven regional transplant clinics.
- Maintain accurate data entry and integrity of patient information in BC transplant registry by verifying and auditing the completeness of patient data entered.
- Communicate and collaborate with a variety of front line physicians, nurses, program managers, coordinators and health information staff.
- Participate in casual coverage and implementation support as required for project implementation, production systems, and end-user support.
What you bring
- A level of education training and experience equivalent to graduation from an approved school of nursing or Health Informatics
- Three (3) years experience and a working knowledge of health care data sources and relevant privacy legislation.
You will have the ability to
- Be self-directed, will possess exceptional analytic capability, and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple demands and pressures while producing high quality work.
- Problem solve and be self-motivated.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written reports.
- Utilize knowledge of quality improvement methodology to improvemanagement and clinical information systems.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Two (2) Regular, Full-Time
555 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0700-1500
Requisition Numbers: 107043 & 107059
What we do
BC Transplant http://www.transplant.bc.ca/ provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 29, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.