More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Health Information Management Data Coordinator - BC Transplant
Health Information Management Data Coordinator
BC Transplant Society
The Health Information Management Data Coordinator performs duties in support of the collection, maintenance and entry of patient data for direct patient clinical care.
What you’ll do
- Maintain transplant listings and update patient status.
- Confirm registration, conduct continuous review, and discontinuation of patients on the active transplant list.
- Communicate with clinical transplant teams (kidney, heart, lung, liver, pancreas, pancreas islets) to review patient status, treatment history and any other relevant patient issues.
- Enter patient results, and identify and communicate abnormal lab values.
- Ensure data integrity between all computerized systems (such as; PROMIS, Histotrac, CBS Living Donor Paired Exchange Registry, Highly Sensitized Registry, National Organ Waitlist) supporting provincial and national transplant programs.
- Maintain, revise and update SOP’s to ensure data integrity between all data capturing platforms.
- Assist in the retrieval, analysis and reporting of patient data from the provincial databases for clinical and research purposes.
- Enter into the appropriate system patient transplant clinical information such as graft function complications and rejections, laboratory work and medications, daily and on a real time basis, depending on the urgency of the care needs of the patient.
- Collect and prepare data for various statistical reports as required.
- Enter drug charges from pharmacy invoices received from various hospitals into a pharmacy database for payment. Liaise with provincial pharmacy partners and regional clinic pharmacies.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three (3) year’s recent, related experience in a research and/or health care IT/clinical environment.
- Technical knowledge of software tools and general knowledge of pertinent regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
You also have the ability to:
- Keyboard 50 WPM.
- Work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Apply sound analytical skills and exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative method.
- Work independently, effectively and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with co-workers, physicians and other health care staff one-on-one and in a group.
- Proactively problem-solve.
- Prioritize with little direction.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 555 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 3X7
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 115248
What we do
BC Transplant (BCT) provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC. BCT is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCT are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 8, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.