More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Health Information Management Data Coordinator
Health Information Management Data Coordinator (2 positions)
BC Transplant, Vancouver, BC
The Health Information Management Data Coordinator performs duties in support of the collection, maintenance and entry of patient data for direct patient clinical care. Maintaining various transplant patient related in-house and provincial databases. Liaises between clinicians and clinical staff to provide required patient data to help make informed clinical decisions. Attends medical review rounds with all transplant organ programs and monthly provincial transplant meetings. Responsibilities include liaison with the Provincial Pre/Post Transplant Clinics. Provide time sensitive clinical information to care providers in a timely and consistent manner.
What you’ll do
- Maintain transplant listings and update patient status.
- Confirm registration, conduct continuous review, and discontinuation of patients on the active transplant list.
- Communicate with clinical transplant teams (kidney, heart, lung, liver, pancreas, pancreas islets) to review patient status, treatment history and any other relevant patient issues.
- Receive and arrange courier services.
- Enter patient results, and identify and communicate abnormal lab values.
- Ensure data integrity between all computerized systems (such as; PROMIS, Histotrac, CBS Living Donor Paired Exchange Registry, Highly Sensitized Registry, National Organ Waitlist) supporting provincial and national transplant programs.
- Maintain, revise and update SOP’s to ensure data integrity between all data capturing platforms.
- Assist in the retrieval, analysis and reporting of patient data from the provincial databases for clinical and research purposes.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three (3) year’s recent, related experience in a research and/or health care IT/clinical environment. Technical knowledge of software tools is required.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
#260 - 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Hours of Work: 0700-1500
Requisition Number: 95039/95019
What we do
BC Transplant (BCT) provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC. Its goal is to develop provincial and influence national policy direction; develop and influence national and international leading practice; and increase deceased as well as living donation rates along with transplant volumes, thereby ensuring best possible patient outcomes and experience. This role will focus on key priority initiatives to support the growing donation and transplant volumes and enhance service delivery.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 22, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.