More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Intra Operative Monitoring Specialist, Specialized Pediatrics - BC Children's Hospital
Intra Operative Monitoring Specialist
BC Children’s Hospital, Specialized Pediatrics
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the clinical direction of the IOM Program, the development and implementation of IOM clinical goals, objectives, quality and safety oversight and practice guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of intraoperative monitoring services. Ensures program/service needs are met and liaises with key stakeholders on daily operations of service. Advises the Senior Director (or designate) of any ongoing deficiencies in systems, programs, services and resources.
- In alignment with adjacent services, develops, coordinates and implements IOM procedures and processes consistent with clinical demands and available resources. Organizes and leads IOM program meetings and disseminates information to physicians, staff and other related health professionals as required.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the IOM clinical program including initiation and development of new IOM techniques, procedures and policy as appropriate. Ensures clinical program goals, objectives and practice guidelines are in alignment with overall quality of care goals of IOM program, OR and Neurophysiology Department.
- Responsible for the development of instructional material, training relevant staff within the organization and the development of policies and procedures. Provide ongoing training and maintenance of specialty training and skills. Provide leadership, evaluations and maintenance activities and related protocols for IOM staff and students.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a PhD in Neurosciences or equivalent plus five (5) years recent, related experience as IOM Specialist in a complex health care environment including direct patient-related multimodality IOM experience.
- Certification by American Board of Neurophysiological Monitoring (ABNM) or Canadian equivalent.
- Eligibility for a joint appointment with relevant academic institution.
- Demonstrated excellence as a practitioner/leader in Neurophysiology and leadership ability related to patient care and collaborative interdisciplinary practice.
- Proven ability to work with a wide patient age range from infancy to early adulthood.
- Extensive knowledge in neuro-anesthesia and its application to neuro-monitoring.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and competency guidelines for Intraoperative Monitoring established by the American Society of Neuro-Diagnostic Monitoring.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures in the Operating Room setting in conjunction with ORNAC standards.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 109794
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 14, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.