More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Lead Hand/ Patient Services Aide - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Lead Hand/ Patient Services Aide
Labour and Delivery, BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre, $26.22 per hour
What you’ll do
- Liaise with Charge Nurse (in Delivery Suite & Cedar Square) to determine priority room clean-up & set-up when there is a conflict. Assign staff as needed.
- Follow-up with operational shift issues to be sure cleaning & supply standards are maintained, i.e. shortages of linen, supplies, terminal cleaning.
- Ensure all PSAs are getting their breaks & is aware of staff whereabouts at all times in case a crisis arises.
- Communicate operational & staffing issues to the Administrative Coordinator that have not been resolved so follow up is ensured. i.e. workload needs, training issues
- Orientate new staff to the Deliver Suite Cedar, the Surgical Daycare, & any other areas as directed. Acts as a support person for new staff & keeps updated on the needs of each area for Administrative Coordinator follow-up.
- Change, clean and remake discharge beds and stretchers.
- Clean areas such as walls, ceilings, carpets, floors and windows by dusting, wiping, damp mopping, spot washing, vacuuming, shampooing, waxing, buffing and polishing. Clean and disinfect all bathroom fixtures including toilets, tubs, showers and sinks.
- Empty and clean waste containers and remove garbage from room as well as emptying and disposing of linen bags as per established procedures.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12
- Two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $25.70 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Requisition Number: 109917
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 15, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.