More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Lead, Quality Control
Lead, Quality Control
Vancouver, BC, $26.06 per hour
What you’ll do
- Ensure the quality and quantity of work output in the assigned area by assigning work to Lab Assistants and by checking work of Lab Assistants for compliance with established procedures and work routines.
- Provide orientation to Lab Assistants by explaining and demonstrating procedures and work routines. Ensure Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) training of Lab Assistants is current and performed according to established procedures by monitoring shipments leaving the lab and making recommendations for training as required.
- Participate in performance evaluations of Laboratory Assistants by providing feedback to the appropriate Technical Coordinator or Site Supervisor or supervisor regarding Lab Assistant performance and quality of work.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve specimen accessioning discrepancies by telephoning, faxing or sending form letters to the test requester to clarify submitted information or obtain information not submitted. Determine whether specimens meet rejection criteria, according to established procedures, and contact pathologists or clients to initiate recollection and authorized cancellation of test request as required.
- Determine supply requirements for the Pre-Analytical Section, according to established inventory requirements, and orders inventory items through the electronic ordering system.
What you bring
- Grade 12.
- Successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program and two years of recent related experience, including one year in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 0700 to 1500
Requisition Number: 100738
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 26, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.