More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Leader Clinical Education and Special Projects - Perinatal Services BC
Leader Clinical Education and Special Projects
Perinatal Services BC
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Work under the guidance of Senior Leaders and collaboratively with program leaders, educators, and staff to assess program and cross-program clinical education needs and priorities, and develop learning strategies and education plans to meet those needs. Implement and evaluate resulting learning programs.
- Provide education, consultation, guidance and support to clinical educators on curriculum design, materials development and effective learning strategies including teaching, facilitation and simulation, and provide on-the-job support to clinical educators and staff. Assist with site-wide implementation and coordination of initiatives. Establish evaluation plans using logic and Kirkpatrick models to ensure learning programs are meeting learning outcomes.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of assigned competency-based learning programs for orientation and continuing education of clinical staff, integrating these with professional practice standards and the performance management process. Ensure the development and updating of resources to support such education in order to develop and maintain staff competency with changing procedures, processes and clinical equipment.
- Lead the review of existing specialty education programs and projects to inform current curriculum development and implementation. Engage with clinical, academic and other stakeholders to ensure high-quality specialty education design that is in alignment with provincial, PHSA, and C&W priorities or needs, such as human resource planning, professional standards and competencies.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Nursing or other clinical profession plus additional studies in education with
- A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience including two (2) years of education experience.
- Strong communication, coaching and program evaluation skills are required.
- Knowledge of learning and evaluation models such as logic and Kirkpatrick.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and work under pressure of deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead staff to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Significant knowledge and proven experience with program development, evaluation and program management.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until March 31, 2022)
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3N1
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday ; 0800-1600/0900-1700
Requisition Number: 112281
What we do
Perinatal Services BC leadership, support, and coordination for the strategic planning of perinatal services in British Columbia and is the central source in the province for evidence-based perinatal information.
Perinatal Services BC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and Perinatal Services BC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.