More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Licensed Practical Nurse - BC Cancer Vancouver
Licensed Practical Nurse
BC Cancer Vancouver, $28.15 to $32.02 per hour
What you’ll do
- Prepare patients for examination by performing duties such as escorting patients to the examining room, weighing patients, assisting them with undressing and providing comfort measures.
- Prepare examining rooms for patient consultations and examinations by performing duties such as checking and laying out clean instruments, stocking rooms with required supplies, cleaning and making up room for next patient and collecting used instruments and sending to central processing for sterilization.
- Assist nursing and medical staff with physical examinations by performing duties such as handling and receiving instruments and supplies, receiving and preparing specimens through methods such as labeling, attaching completed requisition and placing in receptacle and/or delivering to the laboratory.
- Perform a variety of nursing procedures such as catheterizations and sterile dressings by performing duties such as applying and changing sterile or non-sterile dressings, colostomy care and irrigation, taking/recording blood pressure and/or rectal temperature, administering suppositories and enemas, taking temperatures, pulse and/or respirations. Record observations and report problems and/or changes to designated nursing staff. Document care given and future plan of care.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as organizing appointment lists, films and reports for clinic and ensuring charts are returned to designated clerk for order processing after examination, answering telephones, filing and typing utilizing a variety of software packages including Word and Excel.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM), formally known as British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.6 FTE until Februrary 2022)
Wage: $28.15 to $32.02 per hour
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Wednesday: 8:00, 8:30, 9:00
Requisition Number: 99338
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 18th, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.