More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Heartwood Centre for Women - BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Heartwood Centre for Women, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Heartwood Centre for Women is a voluntary 90-day residential treatment program where staff and residents work together to create a wholesome, therapeutic environment. Heartwood provides trauma-informed treatment for substance dependency and other concurrent disorders, including trauma.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with the interprofessional team to provide tertiary care services to women with substance dependence, concurrent disorder and chronic disease.
- Identify and monitor women’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including psychosocial, physiological, psychological, social-cultural and spiritual needs.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and consistent with the mission, vision and values of British Columbia’s Children & Women’s Hospital and BC Mental Health & Addictions Services as well as with established protocols.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- This job requires that the incumbent be female.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively
- Organize work and follow instructions accurately.
- Operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate skill in CPR techniques.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual Opportunities Available
$28.43 to $32.98 per hour
Heartwood Centre for Women - 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 3N1
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.