More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Licensed Practical Nurse - New Grad - Women’s Substance Use Program, Heartwood
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
In addition to providing specialized mental health and addiction services, BCMHSUS also provides provincial leadership in mental health and addiction research, education and knowledge exchange, and health promotion and illness prevention in support of system-wide improvements.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services is an Program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include:Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Licensed Practical Nurse - Women’s Substance Use Program
$28.15-$32.02 per hour
4500 Oak Street. Vancouver, BC
The Heartwood Centre for Women is a voluntary 90-day residential treatment program where staff and residents work together to create a wholesome, therapeutic environment. Heartwood provides trauma-informed treatment for substance dependency and other concurrent disorders, including trauma.
What you'll do:
- Works collaboratively with the interprofessional team to provide tertiary care services to women with substance dependence, concurrent disorder and chronic disease.
- Identifies and monitors women’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including psychosocial, physiological, psychological, social-cultural and spiritual needs.
- Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and consistent with the mission, vision and values of British Columbia’s Children & Women’s Hospital and BC Mental Health & Addictions Services as well as with established protocols.
What you bring:
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- This job requires that the incumbent be female.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
For more information about the, please visit the website BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services at: www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.